Friday, August 13, 2010

Bass Pro Shop

As my dearest boys say "Mom, I got good news and I got bad new." This always makes me chuckle. The good new and bad news that comes out of them is something I should have been writing down for some time now. It's never to late to start.

I even use the good news, bad news myself. I had to run to the post office today and since it was raining I chose to drive. The wind had blown a drain pipe under the car and Jay not thinking I had seen let me know to watch out for it and move it. I grabbed the keys, moved the drain pipe, jumped in the car, reversed and boom. I hit the big large unmissiable 75 gallon garbage can. Opps. I walked inside laughing "Honey, I got good news and bad news"

We have had a lot of good news bad news this month. Bad news is we have had to make a lot of trips up to Hershey, PA this month to take our 14 month old baby to the hospital. A little over an hour its not too far and holds a renound hospital.

The good news is he is doing well. The doctors he has been seeing have been great. And it looks like we won't have to take him back until September.

Another good news is every trip up there has been a trip to stop at the very close to it, Bass Pro Shop. It lifts our spirits and there are a lot of fun things to do there. I like the large fish tank. If I could have a fish tank the size of a wall well, that would be pretty cool. There were many types of fish, larger than anything we ever catch. The boys think its great and loved looking at it from the ground, inside the elevator, on top of the stairs.

Photobucket

We spent a lot of time in the boat section looking, dreaming. The kids jumped on different boats. Gregory often jumped in the drivers seat.

Photobucket

Another time spent dreaming was in the off road section. We looked at all sorts of 4 wheelers and buggies. The boys each had to jump on and pretend.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I can't wait till we have a yard large enough for the kids, when they are old enough, and get them some 4 wheelers of their own.

They sat in the buggies.

Photobucket

I even sat in this monster looking one.

Photobucket

Me and a friend of mine have been looking at these for neighbor hood yard saleing. We could jump in zoom around the walkers, quickly go house to house, and carry more than our now pull carts. Plus have less frequent trips back to the jeep. This would scare those amateur yard salers away.

The guys took a gander at the shooting range. They had fun hitting cans shooting pots. Not to much harder than wii but the gun was heavy and Evan could barely lift it.

Photobucket

Gregory found a big bear chair. He sat in it long enough for me to take a picture. He looked scared like the bear was going to eat him. Either that or I was emBEARassing him.

Photobucket

If you have never been to a Bass Pro Shop and one is in your area you should go. It kept our boys happy and occupied for a while.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Miss Southern Prep said...

My brother could be occupied in that store for hours!

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

My BF spends hours in Bass Pro...its so much fun! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...