Saturday, December 4, 2010

Luke Chapter 4

90_20_9_prev



Jesus is now grown. In this tiny chapter he encounters Satan and his demons two times.
In 4:34 Jesus was faced with a demon and the demon knew who he was. "Ha! What do you want with us Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come down to destroy us? I know who you are-the Holy One of God!"

If even a thing as nasty as a demon could see and believe in Jesus, at first glance, then why do we have such trouble. We are His chosen his sheep he wants us and we don't acknowledge him as certain as a demon. Something is wrong there. Could you imagine if we could all stand up to the darkness as sure as the demon stood up to Jesus. And we could all answer to them as Jesus did "Be quiet!" 4:35

At the beginning of the chapter Jesus stood against the devil himself. Jesus is the strongest person and did not let the devil temp him. He fought back with scripture. The devil fought back with scripture too but Jesus triumphs over him.

I don't ever want to stand against the devil. I am not like Jesus I would crumble. When talking to my pastor while going through hardships in my life he told me I probably have never been against the devil. He told me that the devil is not omnipresent. I did not know that. I assumed all evil comes from him. That might be true but it is not himself doing it. He has multitudes of demons to do evil work. And they are strong and they are powerful and I can't always stand against them. I don't want to stand against the devil. But if I do I know the Lord is with me. He knows what will happen. Did you know Satan has to get God permission to do anything? I did not know that until this year.

The devil is real but so are Jesus and God. They are more powerful and they are in control. And stronger than the demon said to Jesus I will go out and say to the world I know who he is the Holy One of God, he is my savior and he is yours.

1 comment:

Heather said...

The power of Jesus is so amazing, that is why he is the one with no sin and came to save us. For the powers of the devil are everywhere. Thanks for posting, haven't read my chapter for today but looking forward to it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...