Sunday, March 6, 2011

The big party

With as much as Evan had enjoyed yesterday he was looking forward to his party the most. Slightly upset at a point yesterday he asked when are my friends coming? Deciding what to do for his birthday was tough. In the end we pretty much just went with the traditional birthday party. Balloons, games, cupcakes, play time and fun pretty much summed it up.

We rented some rooms at the Y so we had lots of space and lots of parking. There is absolutely no way this could have been held at our house with all the construction and cars.

The kids started coming and kept coming. It was wonderful. We had 20 something little ones all together and it was loud!

Photobucket

Some of the parents were asking how can you stand it? Easy. I love kids and especially I love mine. This is making mine happy. But it was easy because they were not in my house and they were not all wanting different things at the same time saying mommy mommy mommy. Plus there were 14 adults there to help. That makes a huge difference and I could not have done it with out them.

We picked out tons of party games well over the few hours. Lots of games to keep the little ones busy and under control. There is a huge climbing structure there too and if we never would have had any games that would have been enough to keep most of them happy.

One of the games they played was finger painting clothes on a picture of Evan.

Photobucket

They did a good job. Smiley was the referee. At least he was not getting in the paint.

Photobucket

Evan's favorite part of the whole day was playing a guessing game. Where they reached there hand in bags and had to guess what were they touching. One bag was full of baby food. They all got there fingers covered in gross green baby food Evan loved it. It was fun to watch there faces when they touched it and pulled there hand out. They had a look of disquest, disbelief with many of them saying I can't believe you made me touch baby food.

Photobucket

They also got to decorate there own cupcakes. This was nice. It was one less thing I had to do before hand and they sugar loaded these cupcakes up. They got to top it with as much and as many of the sugary topping we had for them.

Photobucket
Aaron and Evan always together eating cupcakes

Photobucket
Gregory in the middle

One of my favorite parts was the unexpected guest we had.

Photobucket

He was invited as well as big sister, what a little hoot. She's not playing it up for the cammera.

Photobucket

I just did not think that my brother and his wife would bring there brand new 2 week old baby Jacob out yet. We were so excited when they came. I had not got a chance to get over to see him yet either. We were all smitten from the first smile this little guy flashed at us. Yes at two week he smiles. He is so content and happy. If you ask my very tired sister in law she will argue that but he was perfect that day even with all the noise.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I wish I would have had more time to hold him and love on him but that will come. Smiley took to him right away he just kept saying baby. He would mess with him and try to buckle him in and chance he could get near baby. I am glad you like him Smiley because guess what, we will any day have one at our house too.

Photobucket

Photobucket
All of my parents grandbabies for the moment. I do love pictures of all of them together I think a photo shoot in the next few months will be called for.

It was a great party. The kids had a blast and were so tired out by the end. I am so thankful to have it behind us. It was the last thing I really wanted done and out of the way before the new baby comes.

Whew another day out of our March Madness. A birthday yesterday with a party at school. A party today with lots of little ones. And ANOTHER birthday tomorrow! Yes it is Jays 44th birthday.

Photobucket

1 comment:

b. lee said...

looks like a successful par-tay! really like the finger painting game idea * *

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...