Sunday, March 6, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday Evan

How many days can I play catch up on? I have so many thing I want to write about and if I don't get them down soon I will never remember. I do like looking back at my blog and remembering the times and what our family was doing, going through. I love having pictures with these events because to many times I have lost my pictures from my hard drive and am so happy when I can recover some from my blog or facebook. But life is to busy right now to sit and type. I try when I can.

More remodeling?

Okay. On Friday were two big events more remolding and Evan's 6th birthday.

Photobucket

I will break it up in reverse order and start with the remodeling.

Because of Evan's school birthday party the contractor did not come until afternoon. He came by himself today so Jay got to be his helper.

Photobucket

Which is fine with Jay, he loves to help them all and has. They started insulating. They wore masks and full clothing. The kids and I were not to much in that room and did not wear anything protective. We were all coughing later. He and Jay worked for hours cutting down old insulation and putting up new.

Photobucket

It was time consuming. Lot of measuring and cutting, stapling and other stuff. They did not finish. They got a good start one wall done.

Photobucket

They will resume Monday morning...early.

~~~~~~~~~~

HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY EVAN!!!!!


Six years old! I love you sweetheart. I remember your birthday well. His is the only numerical birthday I can remember because it is 3-4-05. This year only because he is 6 we have 3-4-5-6, interesting. Evan is the only natural baby I had. No epidural, I was not induced, almost no drugs. He is also the last baby I will have like that ;) All my labors are fast but with his I barely made it in the hospital doors. He was out within the hour. And such a cute baby. Such an adorable toddler. He was a heart breaker with his curly beach blond hair. Now he wears it short with no curls and looks like a little boy. Plus it has darkened quite a bit. He still has all his baby teeth and can flash you a wonderful smile and bat his eyes just so. He has me loving on his sweet little self. And I can't get enough of his funny sayings. He is wonderful, he is a true blessing, and I am so glad he is ours. He is also our easiest. But our most emotional and quite a bit whinny. However at the end of the day he just wants love and wants to show you his love.

Photobucket

He has an amazing day planned for his birthday. He picked out his clothes he wanted to wear. And to complete his out fit he got a BIG button and a birthday head band. They made him extra happy. And gave others a clue as he went to everyone "do you know what today is?"

Photobucket

He has been so excited for his birthday since summer. He has been counting down the months, days, constantly telling me who he wants at his party and who he does not. His brothers make the cut somedays and don't even come close others. That is his greatest insult to them "you are not invited to my birthday!"

We had to make this day special for him. Soon we will be receiving our new baby, our first girl and a BIG deal will be made. We do not want him to think he is not as important. We do not want him over shadowed. We want to celebrate him and show him how much we LOVE him. For a child who wants a birthday celebration more than anything in the world we had to and want to give it to him.

We took him earlier this week to order cupcakes for his school party. He picked them out he ordered what he wanted. They looked nothing like birthday cupcakes. They were all sorts of colors but red which he thinks he is allergic to with basketballs on top. They were delicious! He passed them out to his friends and teachers and everyone enjoyed them.

Photobucket

The class sat in a circle and they had the celebration of life for Evan. We were unaware of what this was. This was our first birthday party ever at a school. We thought it would be like all birthday parties and the class would sing and eat cupcakes. Basically that is what it was but a little different. As soon as we walked in the school we were greeted by assistants and they all had big smiles "you must be here for Evan's celebration of life. Are you excited, we saw his headband." Let me say it is always so welcoming to walk in their school.

So what is the celebration of life? It is a song.

Photobucket

The birthday child holds the earth and the children sing "the earth goes round the sun sha la the earth goes around the sun. And every time the earth goes around another year is done." The sing as he walks around a sun candle with the earth. One time for every year of life. When he returned back to the teacher he would talk about that year of life what he did, what he liked, and show his friends a picture of him from then.

Photobucket

Evan though it was great. I thought it was funny listening to him recall when he was 1 or 2. Or should I say just telling his class what his baby brother does at thoes ages with him name instead.

As far as Smiley goes he was there too. I though it would be easy to bring him since he would get a cupcake and get to see his brother but no. As always he was a handful. Evan kept a hold of him.

Photobucket

Actually it was very cute how he would always find Evan in the circle and sit next to him. He is also such a love bug that looks up to his big brothers. He wants to be just like them and always with them.

We spent a little time with Evan in his classroom. He wanted to show us how he could cut apples.

Photobucket

Yum. But not as delicious as the cupcakes. He also cut some pieces for Sammy.

Photobucket

Oh when Smiley saw him he was elated. He jumped and clapped so they took out the rabbit for him. He was so happy.

Photobucket

We were all having a great time but we did not want to interrupt there day any more so we left. Plus in just two hours the sugared up kids were having a pizza party. Birthdays are so special.

When the boys got home of course the first thing the wanted to do was open presents. He has been guessing at what they are and was touching them to feel for they shape so we had to move them out of reach. Smiley got him a special present. It was exactly what he wanted and he loved it.

Photobucket

So did Smiley. He thinks its his.

Photobucket

It was a pretty nice day weather wise. Warm and not raining yet. As another birthday treat the boys got to go outside and have a silly string fight. They had a great time. But someone did not. He came in crying. Sometimes it is hard to be the little one.

Photobucket

An exciting day for my birthday boy. When I asked him what was his favorite part it was having all of us at school with him sharing the cupcakes. What fun it was Evan we love you. Tomorrow is the big birthday party day so many more fun things planned. I love you birthday boy!!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...