Monday, August 15, 2011

Packing Children

oh my oh my what a crazy month, and it is not over. Ever since we got the news of Jays father passing it has been hard on all of us. It has caused many different problems to everyone in all different ways. Obviously Jay the deepest.

After a few days of staying in bed/working/bed/working he decided he did want to go out to Washington. I went out to the shed to get him some suitcases. Not an easy feat. I need to add cleaning that to my to do list. (wait it HAS been on there for months now) Whew you would think getting a suitcase would be easy but this month nothing has been easy. However I did get it down, crashingly.

I brought the suitcase inside a it sat by his desk for a few days. Everyday I reminded him you need to pack you are leaving soon. But he never did.

He was leaving the next day and the suitcase was still sitting there unpacked and my sweet kids decided they would pack it with what they thought Daddy should bring.

Photobucket

Photobucket

She is crying because there is NO way she wants to leave her mama. We don't even entertain that idea. We will deal with those issues sometime but for now she is my beautiful arm jewelry.

Then Smiley started packing his most prize possessions.

Photobucket

If his guitar is going then he has to as well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Of course Gregory does not want to be left out. But he just wants to fly on a plane. In my life I have had many plane rides and they are rarely comfortable. I couldn't even imagine the discomfort of luggage travel.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Their dad has been gone over a week and we miss him. It is really not that long but when things aren't right it feels like forever. We have filled the time with fun and family but there have been many meltdowns. It won't be long now till we can unpack the suitcase and all be together again. (no the kids did not stay packed)

1 comment:

Karen said...

How cute are these pictures?! Your kiddos are adorable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...