Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day Memories

We had a great time celebrating memorial day.  It was not a big huge to do just me, the kids and my parents at their house.

IMG_2815

The boys have been asking to go down there for a while and this was the perfect time.

My parents live on acres in the wood that back up to a fish and game place so the boys have the best time hunting, building stuff, burning stuff, exploring, being outside, being boy, I love it.  They enjoy being out there and granite there is no wii, no internet, but I still think they would spend more time outside even if there was because it is different.

IMG_3011

There are all sorts of cool creatures that live out there too.  This snake was the litlte one and was still bigger than the boys!  The rest of us stay away from them but the boys search for more.

Even with snakes in the grass the weather was too hot not to be in the water.

The boys played in the sprinkler and it was only a matter of minutes before sister wanted to join them.

IMG_2834-1

IMG_2850

Then only a matter of a few more minutes before she had them running!

IMG_2851

HaHaHa

She loved getting them.  She loved the sprinkler.  She did not even mind them getting her.  It was so much wet fun.

Photobucket

Until they decided to get me with my camera in hand.

Photobucket

Clean and dry sitting for just 1 second on the pouch.

Photobucket

"Look brothers, look what I see!"  I don't know what it was but they do whatever this princess wants.  Like I have been saying from the beginning she has us all so smitten.

Photobucket

Our Smiley we just love him so much.

Photobucket

And Faith taking a break with her Grandpa.

Photobucket

Hi beautiful!

There was lots of food and sweets.  Because sweets are always the best.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Just ask Faith.

The boys spent a lot of time out in the woods.  They took their knifes and took off.  I got the 300 millimeter lens and could usually find them :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

But it was another 90 degree day.   So I retreated inside for a while.

head

Photobucket

Did not know she had her shoe in her mouth.  But it does not surprise me, gross.

cover


IMG_3000

Dog was hot too.  He was not out at all the whole day.

IMG_2994

Poor old Mel.

And eventually everyone came inside to play.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day.

memorial day

Photobucket


1 comment:

michelle said...

Looks like the perfect Memorial Day to me! Your kids are sooo lucky to have you for a mama. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...