Monday, October 29, 2012

Monday

It is after 8 Monday night and we still have power.  We have had rain all day but it did not stop us.  We still went out for a "Hooray, schools out for hurricane days!" play date and lunch.  It was awesome.  We got to spend time with great friends that between all of us we can never seem to find a time to catch up for more than 5 minutes.

The good news is we still have power!!!  We still have light.  I have ALL the clothes in the house washed but what we are wearing.  BELIEVE me that was a feat, I was so many clothes and sheets daily we are talking about 3-4 full loads a day.  I have every dish clean, tables and counters sparkling because with out power there would be no hot water to clean with.  The kids and I all got showers in.  We are okay for the night if the power goes out.  I have piles of blankets by the beds and candles spread throughout the house, that has not looked so clean in quite some time.

And the best part... well since it was just rain so far today I did my homework for tomorrow and submitted it.  And again my school should thank me because it is closed tomorrow too!!!  No school till Thursday!

The storm is picking up so this may be my last update, I am typing fast.  But we are going to bed soon NOT setting any alarm clocks and we will be fine.

However there has been one major downfall.  There is no trash service tonight, or for the next few days.  Yuck!  They don't understand the amount of diapers we go through a week.

:)

1 comment:

michelle said...

You never cease to amaze me. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...