Thursday, May 23, 2013

I could fall asleep

We had a great time at the circus last night.  We did not get home till after midnight!  The circus went longer than I thought it would and parking to get out of events is always a time consumer in itself.  Not that Hershey is far

 photo hershey-park_zpsb19eddce.jpeg

yes that Hershey

But with fleeing traffic all at the same time it is congested.

I had been looking forward to this.  I was so excited !  Over excited   I could not wait to go to the circus again, with all my kids.  It was the tiny teams first time.

We left as soon as the older two boys came home from school.  We pile in the suburban with tickets, treats  drinks, camera, and kids in tow.  And we headed to the gas station, and then we were off.  An easy drive to Hershey just up the road.

I talked it up for days to them showing them videos and talking about the elephants we had all become excited   But to the older boys elephants and tigers did not matter to them it was all skyrush.

 photo SkyrushTrainConceptArt_zps78b29f51.jpg

A rollercoaster from Hershey Park, I don't even know if it is the latest or the best but they have been begging to go and ride the rollercoaster for a solid month now.  My guess is one of their friends was talking about it and they want to one up him.  But they are to small.  I don't want want to take them when they can not ride the great rides.  It will be too soon till they can and boy will we have fun while scarredy  cat day hold my purse. (And corrects my spelling)  He does not like rollercoasters or things that spin but me heck yea!  I love them!! And my kids are following suit.  I can't wait!  I will be glad to take them but penitence children.

In my grandiose plan I had us stopping for a great dinner before the show.  In reality I forgot to pack baby's food and we stopped at Sams club to pick up another container and eat a cheap dinner of pizza and soda!  Ugh!!  Oh well I am glad we did because, almost no one could finish it.  They were to excited to eat and if I would have "forked" over lots of cash for a good place to eat I would have been upset but for 7 under $20 I was not mad at all.  That still did not stop them from complaining mom we want to go to Fuddruckers (there current most favorite spot)  but we are going there for a benefit night on Tuesday and after explaining that to them they were okay.  Plus anything they or I said was short lived because they just wanted to go to the circus.

We got there and don't you know we brought my camera with multiple lenses for whatever I wanted to take a picture of.  As we got in the tremendous but quick moving lines to get in they stopped us and said lense cameras were not allowed.  We had to pull everyone out of line and wait while I took the camera bag and extra lenses back to the car.  By the time I got back the lines were so much shorter and we went to get in but got turned away again!  No crammers that had lenses   I had returned all the lenses to the car but what was attached to the camera.  That was not good enough.  Only phones and point and shoots were permitted   Very annoyed.  But this time Jay headed back to the car and it was a hike as he likes to park no where close or that makes sense.  Row Z spot YY yup something like that was us.  Disappointed and with circus time ticking away we waited.

I pulled out my phone and started taking pictures.

 photo P05-22-13_1923_zpsc9198ae7.jpg

kids on a bench,  thrilled and very circus themed I know.

 photo P05-22-13_1924_zpse00de4ba.jpg

Mom and Faith on the bench (Grace was with dad) in front of the not lit up Hershey Bear there hockey logo

 photo giant_zpsc388cb95.jpg

The circus was at the giant center at Hershey Park, Hershey, PA

 photo giant_center_zps5ca674d2.jpg


That just gives you an idea how big it is and it does not show the boxes or upper rows.  But we had awesome nearly ring side seats!

 photo giant1_zps2624ab33.jpg

We have never been to a hockey game.  I doubt we ever will go.  Not sports fans.

But finally we were in and before the show started.  We missed the pre-show fun but it is okay at least we did not miss the greatest show on earth.

The show started and...It  Was AWESOME!  We all loved it.  There were so many elephants, tigers, clowns trapeze artist it was fantastic!

 photo P05-22-13_21052_zpsa6a87448.jpg

Sorry pictures are so bad cheap camera phone.

 photo P05-22-13_21071_zps5b1f8949.jpg

The kids loved it!  Jay took the baby, Gregory and mostly Evan I had Faith and Brendan.  We sat boxing them in it was the only way and it was still tough.  I really could have used an extra set of hand or a mothers helper.  But it worked and we were both so blessed with different experiences.  I got to have babies with their first time and so many priceless expressions and experiences   He had the older kids with more understanding amazement and appreciation.  Baby just sat there so good on his lap or mine.  All the kids did awesome!  No tantrums  no melt downs, no crying, no being scared, a bit of I want this, I am thirsty/hungry, but that was expected.  And I had packed plenty of drinks and snacks to counter act it just not baby's formula.  However it was a bit to long and by the end Smiley kept saying mom I'm tired.

 photo P05-22-13_1937_zpse6aa6e22.jpg

At the end it was worth it.  We had a great time the kids made it to school on time and can't stop talking about it. I am sitting here exhausted typing about it skipping a nap, but who needs a nap when you have cliff bars and coffee.

 photo P05-23-13_0708_zpsaa06c5ac.jpg

Oh well we are 12 days and counting till we leave to the beach.  A much needed rest!!  Hopefully.  Tonight is the boys spring show and I have got to get all ready for that.  A post about it soon too.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I love the circus! We go every single year. I think my teenager enjoys it as much or more than my toddler :)

I bet you are exhausted. You are as busy (if not more so) than I am! Can't wait to hear about the Spring Show.

We are going to the beach in July and I am SOOOO beyond excited!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...